Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Yellowstone Quick Trip

The weekend of the 15th was a little busy for us!! We had the Focus Four Run for Kurtis' work (see previous post) and it went really well!! I walked a mile with my mom and sisters and Kurtis, the brave soul, ran 4 miles!!! He hadn't even trained and he ran it in about 39.something minutes!! Less than 10 minute miles!! For someone who just up and ran it, that's amazing! I was pretty proud because I know I would have been crawling half the time and my time would probably have been closer to the hour mark or so at least! After the run, they had a raffle and my family made out like bandits! We all won something! I won a Tom-Tom GPS system, and even though I know the directions to my work and back home, I still use it because it makes me laugh! Right after the festivites, we drove straight up to Yellowstone (and we used Mr. Tom-Tom to get us straight there ha ha). Unfortunately one of the main roads to get up to Mammouth (sp) where all the good animals are found, was closed for the season, so we couldn't even get up there in the short amount of time we planned on spending. We'll have to try and go up again and plan ahead so we have a full day to get up there so we can see some bears at least! We did see your basic Yellowstone animals - elk, buffalo, a chipmunk or two...but that's it, so we went to the Grizzly and Wolf Center in West Yellowstone. Although the bears and wolves are in captivity, we were still excited to see them. We stayed at Kurtis' grandparents' cabin and came back home Sunday, so it was a short trip, but fun! Enjoy the slideshow of Yellowstone!

1 comment:

Mike and Paige Burgin said...

Hey Nicole,
It's Paige. I thought I would say hello and yes, I am doing a little bit of blog stalking today, but I am finding that it is much more fun to keep in touch this way, rather than just with facebook. So anyway, it looks like things are good. And if you don't mind, I will be checking back every once in a while.